The project has a wide range of activities in Denmark as well as in China:
• Matchmaking events
• Roadshows and site visits
• Pavilion of Denmark at international trade shows in China
Read more below about the upcoming activities in the U-S-E Water Project:
- September 28 – November 13 2020: Meetings with important Chinese stakeholders
- January 2021: Seminars and workshops with Chinese stakeholders
- April 20-22 2021: Danish pavilion at IE Expo Shanghai, incl. seminar and B2B meetings
- May 9.-14 2021: Expected Chinese delegation to IWA World Water Congress, Copenhagen
- June 2021: Danish pavilion at China Landscape and Gardening Fair, Shanghai
What we have been up to so far.
Stakeholder meeting, December 20th, 2018
Stakeholder meeting December 20th, 2018
To facilitate constructive dialogue and coordination across relevant stakeholders in the water sector, a preliminary meeting was held in Copenhagen on December 20th in order to inform and collect feedback, thus ensuring the best possible knowledge sharing for companies participating in the U-S-E Water project.
IF - USE Water - Information Meeting - January 2019
Nyt Industriens Fond projekt hjælper din virksomhed på vandmarkedet i Kina
Kom til gratis infomøde i januar og hør, hvordan du får gavn af projektet.
Projektet skal udbrede kendskabet til danske løsninger inden for vandteknologi og hjælpe dig med at etablere og skabe vedvarende eksport til det kinesiske marked. Størstedelen af projektet finansieres af Industriens Fond.
Deltag i gratis infomøde, og hør mere om projektet og mulighederne for din virksomhed:
På mødet får du indsigt i den nuværende markedssituation i Kina, viden om projektet, aktiviteterne og økonomien bag.
- Mandag den 14. januar 2019, kl.14-17 hos Rambøll i København
- Tirsdag den 15. januar 2019, kl.14-17 hos Aquaglobe i Skanderborg
IF - USE Water - Workshop - March 2019
- I denne workshop vil vi kigge nærmere på mulige projekter og arbejde med en række undertemaer, fx ophavsret, kapital/finansiering og markedsføringen af projektet i Kina.
- Du vil også få et oplæg fra vores kontor i Kina, der vil give en status på projektets køreplan – set med kinesiske briller.
- Aquaporin vil fortælle om deres joint venture med Aquapoten, og Vandcenter Syd vil give et konkret eksempel på en tur til Wuxi i Kina, hvor de fik åbnet døren til den lokale forsyning.
- Få en tilbagemelding på det møde, der er afholdt i Kina med kinesiske projektejere og mulige samarbejdspartnere.
IE Expo Shanghai, April 11th – 17th, 2019, Qingdao and Shanghai, China
IE Expo Shanghai, April 11th – 17th, 2019, Qingdao and Shanghai, China
IE EXPO is the number one environmental technology trade fair for all of Asia. Presented by IFAT, the fair is the ideal platform for exchanging knowledge and developing dialogue with potential Asian partners interested in new products, services and technologies.
During IE Expo, we held meetings with our Chinese stakeholders and partners, conducted a very popular seminar on Danish water technology, and collected valuable data for future reference. We also participated in and gave a speech at a China-Europe Water Platform conference in Qingdao.
IF - USE Water - VCS Workshop - August 2019
More than 20 different companies joined the workshop at Vandcenter Syd. The goal of the workshop was to update the participating companies on the state of the U-S-E Water Project and to form work groups to better define the marketing activities, so they fit the needs of the companies.
A new info-graphic regarding the U-S-E Water Project was presented to create a better understanding of the project. See the info-graphic here.
IF - USE Water - Roadshow to Beijing & Shanghai, China - September 2019
We had 10 companies joining us on our Roadshow to China. Alfa Laval, Aquaporin, AVK, Danfoss, Grundfos, Hempel, Hoyer, Kamstrup, KD Group, and Vandcenter Syd.
The roadshow consisted of company visits to some of the most influential water institutions in Beijing and Shanghai, workshops and participation in the Sino-Danish Sustainable Water Technology Summit at the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing hosted by Grundfos and Danish Export – Water China. (More details of the visits and events here)
At all the visits and events, every company presented their solutions and networked with high-level executives and decision makers. This is a big step towards establishing cooperation between Chinese and Danish water companies.
Water Delegation to China headed by the Danish Minister for Environment - 25-29 November
The Confederation of Danish Industry is pleased to invite all interested companies to take part in a water delegation to China.
The business delegation will be headed by the Danish Minister of Environment, Lea Wermelin, and builds on a fruitful visit to Denmark by the Chinese Minister for Water Resources in December 2018. The delegation will be centered around exploring potential collaboration, semi-nars and on-site visits to Danish projects in Beijing and Shenzen.
The delegtion will adress: Sponge cities, metering and NWR, water treatment and reuse of water as well as digitalization. All are areas where Danish companies are active in China and known to supply state of the art water solutions.
- Opportunity to take part in two seminars in Beijing and Shenzen, showcasing Danish strongholds within water
- Access to key decision makers in the Chinese Ministry of Water Resources and the opportunity to build important relationships with relevant decision makers
- Interesting site visits to Danish projects in Beijing and Shenzen
- Fresh insights into the Chinese investment plan for future water infrastructure and smart city solutions
USE Water Status Meeting at VCS Denmark - December 2019
USE Water China has now been running for a year and we have completed a number of activities.
When: December 12, 2019 at. 930-12.30
At the meeting we presented Lixia Duan, which we have just hired in Silkeborg.
Lixia hails from Shanghai, where for several years she has worked as Marketing Manager for AVK in Shanghai. Lixia will in future carry out consultancy work, as well as contribute to the success of our project.
Chinese market structure and stakeholders
Lixia then gave a small presentation of the Chinese market structure and stakeholders, followed by a discussion.
Chinese water quality standards
Presentation by Lars Skov Andersen ChinaRM about Chinese water quality standards
- Lars showed the standards for about rivers, wastewater, urban and rural, and is preparing a document on this.
U-S-E- Status since August by Ilse:
- Minus two employees in Shanghai + 1 in Denmark and 1 in Shanghai
- One company in offices in Shanghai.
- Consulting jobs done:
- Screening report finished
- Product report finished
- Full segment report finished
- Screening report – index/TOR is to be drafted
- Finished WWTP-film on Ejby Mølle WWTP
- Finished new Chinese-customer targeted website
- Water Summit Beijing held together with Grundfos – launch of GWI Whitepaper: Water & Energy in China
- Roadshow Beijing & Shanghai – visiting a number of potential customers/partners
- Internal workshops in Beijing and Shanghai
- Taking part in Delegation visit headed by Minister of Environment to Beijing and Shenzhen, with visits to BEWG, Beijing Capital Group, Bao An District Shenzhen, Sino-Danish Water Forum in Beijing and in Shenzhen
- Board meeting in Shanghai
Presentation on the web strategy by Jorge
Jorge Rico gave a small presentation on the web strategy for the USE Water Project. Due to different target groups, there has been developed two separate web platforms.
Goals of USE Water by Ilse
- To increase awareness and interest, so that customers may desire – and acquire your products
- To educate Chinese frontrunner customers to desire sustainable, quality solutions
- Ultimate goal: To showcase Danish solutions in China – WWTP and NRW
Action plan for spring 2020
- Make criteria for partners, and create list of potentials (NRW/WWTP?)
- Discuss potential list, and visit potentials (January)
- Decide on 2 – 3 potentials and negotiate agreement (February/March)
- Decide content of technical workshops and prepare these/translate (February/March)
- Carry through technical workshops (March)
- Continue consulting work and carry out visits with members
To conclude – we had a lot of good input, – we have many things to consider, but the group was positive.
It was stated, that with common values it is easier to get access as a group, and then pursue personal interest in second row.
The Water China group will continue their efforts with all the planning and activities for spring 2020.