Seeking Consultancy for working with water in China
Terms of Reference: Support to the U-S-E 2.0 Water Partnership in China – WWTP process expert (Green Audits)
Danish Export-Water China (DEA-Water), Danish Environmental Protection Agency (DEPA) and Trade Council´s Water and environment Team (TC W&E) at the Embassy in Beijing have established a partnership on water in China. The partnership can be seen as a follow-up on earlier years isolated activities carried out by DEA Water, DEPA and TC W&E. But now we are joining forces in a historical strong export initiative on water in 2022-23.
The partnership on water in China has received funds to implement a large number of relevant activities to support sales of Danish water technologies in China: Focus will be on the water supply and waste water treatment in the bigger Chinese cities. We will involve the expertise of Chinese and Danish consultants as well as the Danish utilities. The objective is to create interest of the biggest Chinese water utilities to meet with a group of Danish water technology providers and through that help the Chinese utilities to deliver on new serious requirements in China´s 14th Five-year Plan on CO2 emissions and water savings.
The partnership is therefore seeking a consultant on case-to-case basis from 1. April 2023 until end of 2023 with the following qualifications:
- The consultant must be fluent in speaking and writing English language.
- The applicant should have at least minimum 15 years of experience as process engineer working with wastewater treatment including all treatment unit processes in the wastewater treatment line and the sludge handling line.
- The applicant should have high level of knowledge regarding the biological and chemical processes that takes place at a wastewater treatment plant.
- The applicant should be able to calculate effects of various options of resource recovery from the wastewater, such as biogas and phosphorous.
- The applicant must be prepared to communicate complex mechanical, biological, and chemical topics to the Chinese stake-holders.
- Reference to experiences with design of larger complex wastewater treatment plants will be an advantage.
- The applicant must be able to calculate total mass balances of wastewater treatment plants, that is for the wastewater treatment line and the sludge line, including internal load.
- The applicant must be able to manage advanced tools for dynamic simulation of wastewater treatment plants e.g., SUMO or Biowin.
- The applicant should possess a high level of knowledge of common and advanced control strategies, including implementation and commissioning of control strategies and communication with local programmers and local mechanical engineers.
- The consultant should have knowledge and understanding of Chinese water technology solutions and processes and operational status of the Chinese water works and WWTPs. Direct (theoretical) process experiences from Chinese WWTP´s is preferable
- The applicant must also have thorough knowledge/understanding of the wastewater treatment technology/solutions been implemented in Denmark, so that he/she is able to develop presentations on the “Danish WWTP Model” for Chinese WWTP partners.
- Preferably, the applicant should have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the technologies of Danish companies to support a “company-group” approach towards meeting specific demands of different Chinese partners.
Please confirm letter of interest for delivering the consultancy before 27th March, 2023 to Team Leader Water and Environment at the Danish Embassy in Beijing, Lars Eskild Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org
The letter of interest should include the consultant´s CV and former experiences with similar work. It must further include an economical offer entailing:
- A fixed fee in DKK as per each analysis (Green Audit) carried out for each WWTP (exclusive VAT). This activity-based offer should further include an assessment of time spend on each analysis.
Lars Eskild Jensen
Team leader Water & Environment Team, Beijing